Last year, it unveiled a small connectivity device, which is to be installed at by the dealership or manufacturer, that aims to let users control car features within close proximity.
4) Cloud Your Car Headquarters: Patryk and Anna Szymczak, Cloud Your Car offers a tool for small businesses to monitor and manage company cars for small businesses.
6) My Bus Headquarters: Berlin, Germany Gist: My Bus, offers a cloud-based fleet management and passenger information system for public transportation.
7) Click Mechanic Headquarters: London, UK Gist: Click Mechanic, which participated in seed investment programme Entrepreneur First in 2012, is an online marketplace aiming to connect consumers with car mechanics.
At the moment, the service is available across the UK.
8) Prismattery Headquarters: Tallinn, Estonia Gist: The five-person team behind Prismattery, a startup spun-off from the Tallinn University of Technology, is currently part of Startupbootcamp’s Smart Transportation & Energy programme.
Their main product is an electric vehicle data monitoring tool, which displays battery info, routes and more.
9) Automile Headquarters: Stockholm, Sweden Gist: Founded by Swedish serial entrepreneur Jens Nylander in 2013, Automile aims to connect drivers with their vehicle’s data.The startup offers a hardware-software system for both individuals (for free) and small businesses (from 10.50 euros per vehicle per month).10) Harken Project Headquarters: Europe Gist: While not exactly a startup, we thought this tech project, which was partially funded by the European Union and involves a consortium of companies, was worth noting.Israeli company Mobileye – which develops driver-safety tech solutions and supplies technology for self-driving cars – was recently valued at about .4 billion after debuting on the New York Stock Exchange.It’s reportedly the largest US IPO by an Israeli company to date.With the big news, we thought it would be appropriate to put a spotlight on emerging automotive tech projects coming out of the European tech ecosystem (a good read about the opportunities in this particular category can be found here).