Best advice: don't get paranoid about food poisoning otherwise it can cloud a trip and your experiences of some great food.
Just allow time for it, and take the rough with the smooth, as it were - there is very little you can do about it once the poison is inside you apart from avoiding dehydration (Gatorade type sports drinks are much easier to drink than water and will replace a little energy/salt), get plenty of rest and let it come out of you (in whatever form - severe and continual vomiting that is preventing you from keeping water down and/or retching for long periods can be treated by tablets or an injection; either way consult a doctor if symptoms are persisting.
Montezuma's revenge, the Delhi belly, worship to the porcelain god...
call it what you like, food poisoning and similar [vomiting] viral infections are an unfortunate caveat of travel and can strike at any time and in any place.
You will probably be at a loss as to what has caused it and you just have to wait it out.
Its effects are horrible, but it doesn't last long in most cases.
There seems to be two types: one that will come on suddenly (often in the middle of the night) and see you throwing up all night, feeling pretty shit the next day and that's it, and the other, much worse, will come on slower and last several days.
The difference is probably the strength of the poison, how well formed it was when ingested it and if viral or bacterial.
The latter is more serious and could be something much nastier.
There are literary dozens of different strains of both and it's pointless to cover them here, but most encountered (normally bacterial) aren't too serious.
So you packed your bag and got your 'before you go' shit together. But if you are heading out for the first time, it is not easy to understand exactly the factors you may deal with.